Today I got the chance to chat with Austin Adamson, a software engineer at PING golf. Austin has been in the industry for 8 years as a software engineer and is currently a mid level engineer at PING, working primarily on API architecture, DB design. Our conversation covered a wide range of topics, including:
- The importance of mental health & finding the right team
- Empathy in team member & team leader
- Figure out what you don't know, don't accept just being comfortable in your own domain. Best way to grow is to continue looking for growth opportunities outside of your immediate focus.
Three biggest take aways from our conversation
- Eager to learn what you don't know
- Work for people and not money, make career moves that are good for you mentally
- Strive for balance, work/life but how you define the life portion is insanely personal to you.
Austin Adamson — Twitter, Github, Linkedin,
Andrew Locke — Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Medium