In today's episode, I have a conversation with another non-traditional convert into the world of software engineering, my Co-worker Ian Lituchy. Ian shares his journey from Electrical engineering to running a food truck startup and eventually to his current role as a Software Engineer at Apostrophe. Ian share's how he uses Software as a tool to impact people and find fulfillment.
On today's episode Ian and I discuss a wide range of topics;
- Product driven Software development to have a larger impact on people.
- Focusing on outcomes
- The importance of having a growth mindset
- Keeping a "learning" journal as a reference to fast track your continuous growth.
- How being thrown into challenging situations can help grow your confidence and abilities
- Key take aways:
- learn from your failures, don't dwell too much on the what ifs
- Believe in your self and that you can do anything, learn how to ask the right question
- Always learn as much as you can, regardless of what you're doing.
I am doing an AMA episode! Send me your questions.
Ian Lituchy — Github, Linkedin, Website, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Locke — Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Medium
Ask me anything - If you have any questions, let me know! I'll do an episode where I answer your questions.